- This event has passed.
Risk Assessment 101: Building Blocks for Risk-Based Decision Making
December 14, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
All organizations are required to protect employees, and other stakeholders, from harm. Realistically, not all hazards and risks are equal, challenging the modern engineering professional to focus more resources on higher hazards and risks. In this way, limited company resources can be optimally apportioned to improve facility safety performance and overall business performance.
Many modern codes and standards allow for performance-based or risk-based compliance strategies. The fundamental approach to each of these alternative design basis starts with a foundation of risk analysis.
This webinar will provide an overview of conducting a technical risk assessment, with emphasis on the following key steps:
- Identify what could cause injury, illness, or other business loss events in your business (Hazards)
- Decide how likely it is that someone could be harmed and how seriously (the Risk)
- Take action to eliminate the hazard, or if this isn’t possible, control the risk (Controls)
- Determine Acceptability of the Mitigated Risk Level (Approval and Governance)
- Awareness of basic qualitative and semi-quantitative methods for conducting hazard identification, risk analysis, and control evaluation.
- Ability to navigate a Risk Matrix and understanding organizational actions required for each output risk level.
- Using Risk Assessments to focus organizational efforts on program improvement and focus areas of operational auditing.
- Introduction to a 5-element approach to reliably deliver reliable risk control for any organization.
Date | Tuesday, December 14, 2021
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM| Webinar
- 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM | Q & A
- Member | $15
- Non Member | $30