The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) is the sixth largest transportation system in the United States, with a vast network of fixed route services including bus, subway/elevated, trackless trolley, light rail, and commuter rail serving a 2,200 square mile service region.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Project Scheduling & Claims – Construction (7019) in Project Control.
The Project Control Department is seeking to hire a Manager, Project Scheduling & Claims – Construction. This role is based in our Center City headquarters. This manager will be responsible for the development, management and implementation of all capital project scheduling and claims policies and procedures for SEPTA’s Capital Construction Projects. This role is responsible for managing staff, reporting to senior SEPTA Management in all aspects of project schedule development and review; and in developing and implementing an effective claims management system. Responsible for oversight and management of SEPTA’s Capital Program Management System (CPMS) Potential Change Order/Amendment (PCO) Database. Responsible for the allocation of resources for the review of project schedules, time impact analyses (TIA’s) and project-related claims. Responsible for the administration and management of project management scheduling software applications.
- Develops and administers Project Management Procedures (PMP’s) for the review and monitoring of project schedules, time impact analyses, and the negotiation and processing of construction claims
- Develops and administers SEPTA’s Standard Form Construction (SFC) Contract Planning, Scheduling and Progress Monitoring Specification Exhibits including contractual requirements for the submittal of Baseline Schedules, Value Lines Breakdown and Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling updates
- Reviews and prepares time impact analyses for determination of contractor’s entitlement to extensions of contract time
- Assumes specific application responsibility for the Potential Change Order/Amendment (PCO) database module/subsystem of the Capital Program Management System (CPMS)
- Tracks and develops a monthly prioritized PCO Action Plan to ensure the timely processing of change order-related staff summaries by Project Management Staff to reduce exposure to future delay claims
- Maintains and updates the Engineering, Maintenance & Construction Division’s Monthly Construction Project Scheduling Report, PCO report, and claims reports
- Reviews, monitors and mitigates SEPTA exposure to construction delay claims
- Evaluates consultant proposals for compliance with specific project management claims requirements and SEPTA’s established policies and procedures and recommend selection of consultant for claims management
- Supports Project Management Staff and senior SEPTA Management, including Procurement and Legal in the interpretation and evaluation of project related claims including time impact analyses and the development of minimum and maximum potential damage calculations – and/or but not limited to research, preparation and participation in depositions, litigations and expert testimony
- Present seminars to SEPTA Project Management Staff on claims avoidance and mitigation practices
- Supervises and directs the activities of Project Staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field, and a minimum eight (8) years of Project Control, Scheduling/Claims Management or Contract Management experience or related activities required.
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle P6 project management scheduling software or similar project scheduling software applications required.
- Excellent analytical, inter-personal and written communication skills required.
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Office required.
To apply, please visit: Manager, Project Scheduling and Claims – (https://jobs.septa.org/job/Philadelphia-Manager%2C-Project-Scheduling-&-Claims-Construction-%287019%29-PA-19107/727102000/)
SEPTA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply Here : https://www.click2apply.net/g2DMxkuNLeGMCrYoiQ6pG