Allentown, PA Phoenixville, PA Wilkes-Barre, PA Hazleton, PA Stroudsburg, PA Bucks County, PAView Listings from this Employer.
- Employment Opportunities with Barry Isett & Associates
- Employment Opportunities with Traffic Planning and Design
- Project Engineer – Civil
- Project Engineer
- Deputy Director
Doylestown, PA Harrisburg, PA Lehigh Valley, PA Pittsburgh, PA Philadelphia, PA Pottstown, PA West Chester, PA Elkton, MD Camden, NJView Listings from this Employer.
H.F. Lenz Company is seeking a registered, professional Civil Project Engineer experienced in land development and civil design in Johnstown, PA. This position will work directly with a nationally recognized team of Principals in Charge and engineering professionals. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the management of assigned projects, ranging in various size and complexity related to municipal-related infrastructure projects, land development, water, wastewater and storm-water projects that encompass the company’s broad range of services.
Why H.F. Lenz:
We believe in strong leadership and a team approach that creates a collaborative environment where teamwork and trust prevail. Our resources are devoted to our most important asset – our employees. Our employee centered focus is just one reason for attracting and retaining top talent in our industry. With over 40 registered Professional Engineers, HFL is consistently ranked in ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms. Visit our website at www.hflenz.com to learn more!
We offer an industry leading benefits and compensation package including: Healthcare; Paid Vacation and Sick time; Bonus Incentives; 401(k) Retirement options; Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development opportunities. Qualified candidates looking for rewarding, first-class engineering design opportunities in a collaborative work environment should apply today!
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Direct, manage and participate in the preparation and production of project deliverables including, engineering services, preliminary studies; proposals; cost estimates; personnel assignments; specifications and field assignments.
- Consult with Principals in Charge to develop strategic opportunities and assist with business development, including proposal development and client presentations.
- Conducts project status/review meetings and closeout, including internal evaluation of project and personnel performance.
- Review and assess progress and financial performance of all assigned projects to achieve project efficiency and profitability.
- Communicate openly and frequently with clients to resolve project issues/concerns, develop and maintain relationships and ensure client satisfaction.
- Develop and foster an open environment of teamwork and collaboration among engineering staff assigned to project, including mentoring junior staff as required.
- Travel to local project sites is required; some overnight travel may be expected.
- Minimum Qualifications:
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in civil engineering field.
- Technical proficiency using latest versions of AutoCAD and Civil 3D is required.
- Demonstrated experience in project and personnel management is required.
- Experience in land development and consulting engineering is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to work in and foster a team environment with minimal supervision.
License(s) and/or Certification(s):
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration required.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain valid driver’s license.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
H.F. Lenz Company is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
Company Description: Site Design Concepts is an award winning professional engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, and environmental services firm headquartered in the heart of the thriving historic downtown Central Business District of York, Pennsylvania steps from shopping, restaurants, and breweries. SDC was founded over 24 years ago with a passion to provide great service to our Clients, while designing project sites that are innovative, constructible, and cost-conscious. We work diligently to support our Client’s efforts, advocate for their projects, and contribute to their success while maintaining a collaborative company culture.
Job Description: We are searching for a motivated individual to join our growing team of civil/site professionals as we design the communities in which we live, work, and play. Qualified candidates must have high-level verbal and written communication skills, excellent computer skills (Hydraflow, reach modeling software, and Microsoft Office), strong work ethic, and the ability to work well alone and as part of a team.
As a Civil Engineer, you will use your design knowledge and skills to create innovative land development projects through the preparation of site layout, grading, and utility plans with a focus on stormwater management design. You’ll also be responsible for preparing local, state, and federal permit packages for various projects.
Our ideal person has a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and is on the path to licensure as a professional engineer in Pennsylvania or Maryland.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- 4+ years of related experience.
- PE license or on the path to licensure.
- Strong organizational, technical, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in stormwater design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in reach modeling software.
We expect you to work hard and have fun while utilizing your experience, CADD knowledge, and communication skills to further your career. SDC offers quarterly employee appreciation outings, professional development opportunities, a business casual dress code, collaborative culture, flexible schedule, and a competitive pay and benefits package that is scalable with experience, including bonuses and a 401k plan with company match.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Luzerne County Flood Protection Authority is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Deputy Director. This full time, permanent, position reports to the Executive Director and includes, but is not limited to, project management responsibilities on construction and capital improvement projects, support the levee operations supervisor to plan and schedule in-house maintenance projects, assist in the coordination of emergency operations during high water events, assist in the administration of the levee fee, assist in the administration of occupancy license agreements, and other related duties as required by the Executive Director in the operation and maintenance of the 16-mile Wyoming Valley Flood Risk Management Project.
Candidates must possess a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in civil engineering or other closely related field of engineering, should have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in engineering, project management, infrastructure or flood resiliency, or possess an equivalent combination of acceptable education, training and experience which demonstrates the desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
Interested applicants may contact Ms. Theresa Licata, Executive Secretary, at (570) 208-6100, ext. 2, or via email at email@example.com, to request an application and a detailed job description. If Ms. Licata is unavailable, please contact Mr. Christopher Belleman, P.E., Executive Director, at (570) 208-6100, ext.1, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . All applicants will need to submit a cover letter and a resume with a minimum of three (3) references, in addition to the application.
Please refer to the Authority’s website www.lcfpa.org for additional information on our mission and other career opportunities.
The Authority offers a competitive pay based upon experience plus an excellent employee benefits package that includes healthcare insurance, pension retirement plan, life insurance, paid vacation, sick, personal and holiday time.
Deadline to submit applications will be: June 15, 2018
The Luzerne County Flood Protection Authority is an EEO/ADA employer