Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer
Borton Lawson is searching for a Senior Water/ Wastewater Engineer with 10 to 15 years of experience to join our Water team in our Wilkes-Barre, PA or Bethlehem, PA office. The successful candidate will use their expertise and technical knowledge in planning, design, construction, and client service to successfully execute water, wastewater and storm water related infrastructure projects.
Responsibilities may include:
- Lead and direct design/ technical development of infrastructure projects within the areas of water / wastewater / storm water including supply, storage, collection and distribution, treatment, and pumping/conveyance systems from the planning and design phases through construction completion.
- Delivery of projects to meet established budgets and delivery schedules to the performance expectations of the client.
- Prepare construction documents including plans and specifications.
- Prepare project cost estimates and schedules.
- Provide overall technical direction and expertise to team of design engineers.
- Perform and/or oversee preparation of detailed engineering calculations and analysis, using design software as required.
- Coordinate multi-disciplined engineering teams.
- Supervise and provide mentoring to junior level technical staff.
- Interact with and oversee the work of CAD staff.
- Support or lead preparation and development of proposals.
- Client management.
- 10+ years’ experience in water/ wastewater / stormwater planning, design, and construction administration as a lead design engineer or project manager
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering preferred
- Strong team leadership experience or proven potential; including managing project delivery expectations, prioritization of tasks, and mentoring.
- Current PE license in PA
- Excellent technical skills in the water / wastewater / stormwater practice area
Borton-Lawson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States