- This event has passed.
PSPE Roundtable | Today’s Challenge for PE’s – Navigating Resilient and Sustainable Design
March 6 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Date | Monday, March 6, 2023
Time | 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Fee| Member – Free / Non-Member – $30
Infrastructure design is evolving in response to new net-zero laws and policies focused on resilience and sustainability. Increased climate variability and surging population growth are placing greater demands on limited resources such as water, energy, and physical space.
Framing the conversation: What is sustainability? What is resilience? What is total cost? What is a circular economy? Have we considered the consequences?
Attendees are encouraged to share both painful lessons learned and wins, with colleagues who understand the challenge to find sustainable and resilient solutions to client needs.
- Bring an open-mind, judgment free mentality
- Set yourself up for successful interaction with a stable wi-fi connection and webcam (recommended).
- Make cases/examples anonymous to protect all parties
- Remember that discussion is a journey, not necessarily a destination
- Rebecca A. Bowman, Esq., PE | Senior Director, Ethics and Professional Practice | National Society of Professional Engineers
- Lisa A. Peterson, PhD, P.E. | President | Aftan Engineering, LLC
- Marleen A. Troy, Ph.D., P.E., BCEE | Professor of Environmental Engineering | Wilkes University
PSPE will send a certificate of attendance (1 PDH) to individuals who interact with the conversation two times during the course of the session.