- This event has passed.
In Person Event | Managing a Project with Karst Geology
January 17 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Bucks County PSPE Chapter | Managing a Project with Karst Geology
Date | Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Location | Plumsteadville Inn, 5902 Easton Rd., Pipersville, PA
Description | The discovery of a sinkhole on a homeowner’s or a developer’s property can create a high degree of concern and uncertainty on how to fix a sinkhole, how much it will cost, and the associated long-term risks. This presentation will define where sinkholes occur in Pennsylvania, how to investigate karst features, how to stabilize sinkholes and how to reduce the future risks associated with natural sinkhole formation.
- Provide a tutorial on where sinkholes occur in PA
- Discussion on the various investigative methods used in limestone geology sites
- Discussion on the methods used to stabilize sinkholes in the region
- Provide examples of what civil engineers/ contractors can use to reduce the risk of sinkhole activity
- Provide a case history of various sites in the region where sinkholes occurred
- 5:30-6:30 pm | Social hour (cash bar)
- 6:30-7:30 pm| Dinner and 60-minute Presentation
- Member | $40
- Non-Member | $50
Dinner Choices | All dinners are served with salad, soft drinks, coffee, tea, and dessert. Cash bar available.
Dinner Choices: Beef, Chicken, Fish, and Vegetarian
Registration Info | RSVP by Monday, January 16, 2023 – Include your Dinner Choice!
Respond to our Chapter Secretary, Dick Ludwig, at email@example.com or 215-368-3434.
A certificate will be issued after the presentation.
*This educational activity has been certified for New York State PDH. The PDH is good for PA and FL continuing education requirements and should apply to NJ continuing education requirements. To confirm that this course meets PDH requirements in other states, please consult that state’s licensure board.
Pennsylvania Department of State Professional Licensing Resources:
- Board Laws and Regulations
- PA Continuing Professional Competency General Guidelines
- Engineer, Land Surveyor and Geologist Registration Law | (Continuing Education Provisions)