Middletown, King of Prussia, New Stanton | PA
Position Title | Total Reconstruction & Expansion Manager
Job Posting Info | Interested candidates must apply to the Total Reconstruction & Expansion Manager posting by visiting www.careers.paturnpike.com by March 1, 2023.
- Posting Start Date: February 15, 2023
- Posting End Date: March 1, 2023
- Position Number: 80002847
- Union: Non-Union
- FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
- Department: Engineering
- Salary Grade: E-19
- Salary Range: $110,968.00 – $166,462.40
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Building Location*: Central Office Building, Eastern Regional Office, Western Regional Office
- Building Street: 700 S. Eisenhower Boulevard, Flinthill Road, North Center Avenue
- Building City: Middletown, King of Prussia, New Stanton
- Building State: Pennsylvania (US-PA)
- Building Zip Code: 17057, 19406, 15672
- Work Schedule: Flexible Work Options
* This position may report to one of the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission’s offices: Central Office (Middletown), Eastern Regional Office (King of Prussia) or Western Regional Office (New Stanton).
The Commission values its team members and understands the importance of work/life balance to the health, well-being and productivity of its team. Therefore, this position may be eligible for Flexible Work Options* such as:
- Hybrid Work – combination of remote and in-person reporting
- • Alternate Work Schedule – flexibility to adjust work schedule length to complete work week in fewer days
*Some options may require completion of probationary period. The Commission requires all employees to establish PA residency within 6 months of hire and to maintain PA residency, regardless of Flexible Work Options.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, opened on October 1, 1940, is known as “America’s First Superhighway”! Our mission is to operate a safe, reliable, customer-valued toll road system that supports national mobility and commerce. The PTC operates a 552-mile system used by 192 million vehicles a year. Together, we are building the highway of the future.
Job Purpose and Summary
This position is responsible for the oversight of the Total Reconstruction & Expansion unit of the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (PTC). Work is performed with a high degree of discretion and considerable independence. Work is reviewed by a professional superior at a high-level to determine the attainment of program goals and overall job performance. Supervision is exercised over internal and external staff responsible for highly complex projects within the Engineering Department.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Directs, plans, and organizes operations and staff functions including supervision, performance management, delegation of work assignments and review of work product.
- Directs the administration of total reconstruction and expansion projects throughout the project lifecycle.
- Directs the development of plans and specifications prepared by consultants and administered by internal staff.
- Ensures proper coordination and communication with other units/departments throughout the project.
- Directs right-of-way and utility coordination to ensure proper clearance is obtained for engineering design and construction projects.
- Reviews and approves plans and specifications prepared by consultants. Ensures consistency among projects.
- Participates in establishing the prioritization of total reconstruction work to be performed for the PTC.
- Directs the preparation and administration of total reconstruction and expansion contracts and ensures compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in the consultant selection process through reviewing documents and participating in meetings.
- Provides consultation on an as-needed basis for total reconstruction and expansion projects.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the unit’s budget including the assigned portion(s) of the PTC’s Capital Plan.
- Monitors and facilitates the capital planning process by evaluating and reporting on the progress of the Total Reconstruction program.
- Provides professional guidance to resolve technical, engineering, and administrative issues encountered with project development and administration. Assists staff in resolving unique and complex issues.
- Maintains professional liaison with staff, consultants, and other government/transportation agencies.
- Conducts and represents the PTC in designated presentations, committees, planning groups, meetings, trainings, and seminars.
- Uses situational awareness to anticipate and prevent accidents.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Twelve (12) years of engineering experience in a transportation environment.
- Four (4) of the years of experience must be in a supervisory capacity.
- Possession of a Professional Engineer (PE) license issued by the Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license. Must obtain and maintain a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license within six (6) months of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in engineering or other related discipline.
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Decision Making and Independent Judgment
- Communication Proficiency
- Quality Control
- Project Management
- Developing Others
- Delegation Skills
- Technical Capacity
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Position demands include frequent speaking, writing, and reading reports. Position requires frequent work at a computer utilizing business programs and PTC specific operating systems. Position requires occasional travel and/or fieldwork with exposure to roadway traffic. Frequently works outside of normal business hours for assigned work assignments.
Office environment with low levels of noise, adequate lighting, and comfortable temperature. Field environment may include exposure to moderately adverse and undesirable conditions. Physical environment is generally safe, but safety equipment or precautions must be followed in field conditions.
The selected candidate will be offered an exceptional benefits package which includes comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, along with a benefit plan for retirement. In addition, leave programs, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, and alternative work schedules are available to employees.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact the Human Resources Department by calling 717-831-7378.
Online job posting | https://careers.paturnpike.com/job-invite/3215/