Job Purpose & Summary
Specific Responsibilities may include (based on professional experience and education):
- Supervise and control allotted budget for the engineering department, including managing and preparing a financial tracking sheet accounting for more than $18 million in project funds and related grants and submit capital budget estimates for the department.
- Prepare agendas and lead monthly engineering committee meetings and prepare monthly reports for Council.
- Assess new project ideas and potential engineering solutions to community issues with Borough Leadership.
- Consult and provide guidance to project stakeholders, Borough Council and the Borough Manager.
- Analyze survey reports, long-range plans, maps and other data to design and advise on new projects
- Complete permit applications, bid documents, construction plans and specifications and/or work with specialists as needed.
- Collaborate with planners, engineers, architects, and contractors to ensure projects progress efficiently.
- Oversee Public Works Department and optimize and maintain efficient work flows, budgeting, and processes
- Use design software and drawing tools to accurately render, communicate, and/or edit designs.
- Create and maintain an operations manual for the regular tasks involved with the engineering department and/or infrastructure that needs to be maintained.
- Improve community sustainability as it relates to the built environment and municipal buildings
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
*The position includes robust professional development opportunities including the preparation of project proposals and presentations at regional and national conferences, and working closely with a well-established engineering firm. The engineer will have the opportunity to work with consultants, residents, borough staff, and government officials and will be expected to do so with minimal oversight from the Borough Manager or Council.
- Experience – Required
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Water Resources Engineering or related field of practice is required.
- Experience completing projects with public sector/municipal agencies.
- 5 years of experience in civil or municipal engineering with direct involvement in stormwater, sewers, park infrastructure, paving, construction, etc.
- Experience in providing technical and project leadership to staff-level or junior engineers
- Experience – Preferred
- Professional engineers license.
- Master degree in engineering or related field.
- A background using AutoCAD and other design, data recording, and analyzation software.
- Experience using ArcGIS, and/or other modeling programs is a plus.
- Experience with county, state, and/or federal grant writing and reporting.
- An understanding of sustainability and what it means for infrastructure and building projects.
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems both analytically and creatively.
- Experience or desire to build relationships with local contractors and government contacts.
- Integrity and respectful interactions with others.
- Detail-oriented and accurate. Must be focused on meeting established deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills; good public speaking ability
- Project financial management skills
Send Resume to Carissima Kerns